Bangkok restaurant makes the list
The list of the 50 best restaurants in the world 2021 has been released and one restaurant in Bangkok has made it to the Top 50.
Advertisements for restaurants The 50 best restaurants in the world 2021 comes with eager anticipation, as last year’s selection – similar to Michelin star announcements – has been delayed in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and the state of the industry around the world as a result.
Guests had the choice of attending the prestigious ceremony in the Belgian city of Antwerp, Flanders, although many, bound by travel restrictions, chose to view the ceremony virtually via Facebook or Youtube.
Besides the long wait, many are watching the list carefully as Mirazur will no longer be eligible to take the top spot, following a new rule that restaurants that have won in previous years can no longer be on the list. Instead, the French restaurant will be placed in a separate category named The Best of the Best, which contains a Hall of Fame catalog of previous âNumber 1â restaurants that were in the World’s 50 Best.
[Hero Image Credit: SÃ¼hring; Featured Image Credit: Noma]
The new highest entry goes to Italy Lido 84. He debuted in 15th place. The by the president also won the award for the highest climber this year. The Hong Kong-based restaurant was a new entry on the 2019 list at # 41 and reached # 10 this year.
Other restaurants have also slipped into their positions.
from Switzerland Schauenstein Castle, who had previously ranked 50th, has slipped off the list and finds himself in 59th place for 51 to 100 restaurants. spain Azurmendi slipped from 14th to 49th position this year. The Bernardin is now in 44th place, 8 servings less than his 36th place in 2019.
Bangkok’s SÃ¼hring was awarded 40th place as the only restaurant in Thailand to make the list.
Here are the 50 best restaurants in the world of 2021: (New entries are marked with an *)
1. Noma (Copehagen, Denmark) (Best restaurant in Europe award)
2. Geranium (Copehague, Denmark)
3. Asador (Atxondo, Spain)
4. Central (Lima, Peru) (Award for the best restaurant in South America)
5. Disfrutar (Barcelona, ââSpain)
6. Frantzen (Stockholm, Sweden)
7. Maido (Lima, Peru)
8. Odette (Singapore, Singapore) (Best Asian Restaurant Award)
9. Pujol (Mexico City, Mexico) (Best restaurant award in North America)
10. The Chairman (Hong Kong, China) (Best climber award)
11. Den (Tokyo, Japan)
12. Steirereck (Vienna, Austria) (Prize for the art of hospitality)
13. Don Julio (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
14. Mugaritz (San Sebastian, Spain)
15. Lido 84 (Gardone Riviera, Italy) * (Prize for the highest new entry)
16. Elkano (Getaria, Spain)
17. A Casa do Porco (Sao Palo, Brazil)
18. Piazza Duomo (Alba, Italy)
19. Narisawa (Tokyo, Japan)
20. Diverxo (Madrid, Spain) *
21. HiÅ¡a Franko (Kobarid, Slovenia)
22. Cosme (New York, United States)
23. ArpÃ¨ge (Paris, France) *
24. Septime (Paris, France)
25. White Rabbit (Moscow, Russia)
26. The Calandre (Rubano, Italy)
27. Quintonil (Mexico City, Mexico)
28. Benu (San Francisco, United States)
29. Reale (Castel di Sangro, Italy) *
30. Twins Garden (Moscow, Russia)
31. Restaurant Tim Raue (Berlin, Germany)
32. The Clove Club (London, United Kingdom)
33. Lyle’s (London, United Kingdom)
34. Burnt Ends (Singapore, Singapore) *
35. Ultraviolet (Shanghai, China)
36. Hof van Cleve (Kruishoutem, Belgium)
37. Singlethread (Healdsburg, United States) *
38. Borago (Santiago, Chile) (Sustainable Restaurant Award)
39. Anthology (Tokyo, Japan) *
40. SÃ¼hring (Bangkok, Thailand) *
41. AllÃ©no Paris Au Pavillon Ledoyen (Paris, France)
42. Belcanto (Lisbon, Portugal)
43. Atomix (New York, United States) *
44. Le Bernardin (New York, United States)
45. Nobelhart & Schmutzig (Berlin, Germany) *
46. ââLeo (Bogota, Colombia)
47. Maaemo (Oslo, Normway) *
48. Atelier Crenn (San Francisco, United States)
49. Azurmendi (Larrabetzu, Spain)
50. Wolfgat (Paternoster, South Africa) *
This article first appeared on Lifestyle Asia Singapore.