How Canceling Student Loans Could Boost Black Homeownership Rates | Economic news
If you are aware of any local business openings or closings, please let us know here.
PREVIOUS OPENING AND CLOSING
– Air Products & Chemicals Inc. plans to invest half a billion dollars to produce environmentally friendly hydrogen in New York State.
– The Trexlertown Chick-Fil-A plans to add a second drive-thru lane as part of a plan to ease traffic congestion.
– Harrisburg-based Mid Penn Bank has opened its first full-service branch in the Lehigh Valley in South Whitehall.
–The Allentown Planning Commission has deferred a decision on a new Popeyes Louisiana kitchen on the site of the former Greek restaurant Nostos.
–The former Star Crete concrete plant at the intersection of Farmersville Road and Easton Avenue has been sold for $1.58 million, which could pave the way for a medical office building.
– Local business SuperSets Gym will open its third location in Allentown’s South Mall, with no opening date yet set.
– The Versant jewelry store will close later this year, but the business will be consolidated at Gary Werkheiser’s other location in Saucon Valley Square.
– DSW Woodmill Commons has moved to Berkshire West, 1101 Woodland Road in Wyomissing.
–Trainer Michael Melendez opened his new Reading Extreme boxing club where PacSun operated in the Berkshire Mall.
– Frackville NAPA Auto Parts held a grand opening with the Schuylkill Chamber of Commerce and the Frackville Business and Professionals Association.
– North Manheim Township Physical Therapy and Balance Centers hosted a grand opening, in conjunction with the Schuylkill Chamber of Commerce and Pottsville Business Association.
– PDC Machines, a manufacturer of hydrogen compressors, has introduced a new plant in Lower Salford.
– Maya Capital Partners has acquired Amwell Valley Self Storage, a 265-unit storage business on Route 31 in Ringoes, New Jersey.
– Norwescap buys the former Sullivan’s on the Main restaurant in Phillipsburg to renovate the building and then use it for programs to help educate and feed people.